Celestial Spirit Keys

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail Theories' started by Asuna, May 4, 2012.

1. Asuna Hand of Justice

Asuna
    G-Mod
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +858 / 0
    As you all know, our familiar Lucy Heartfilia possesses ten of the twelve gold spirit keys before the Grand Magic Games:
    - Aquarius
    - Taurus
    - Cancer
    - Virgo
    - Sagittarius
    - Loke
    - Gemi/Mini
    - Aries
    - Scorpio
    - Capricorn

And then, coming back to chapter 280, when Yukino Aguria showed up on the match against Kagura Mikazuchi with two golden spirit keys (as well as the 'thirteenth key'):
    - Pisces
    - Libra

Will Lucy be able to get her hands on the last two keys? Do the celestial spirits have more roles than just summoned beings? What happens if one unites all of them? What is the connection of the 'thirteenth key' to the twelve golden keys?
  2. Loke the Lion Have you called Missy?~

Loke the Lion
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Maybe the 12 Zodiac Keys will be used to call the Beard Man?
  3. Levy McGarden Active Member

Levy McGarden
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Lol i always thought of the Spirit King as the ultimate summon.

Anyway, since i love any discussion Lucy related, from her well-endowment to how her relationships with her family, guild-mates, and spirits shapes the flow of the story, I'll take a crack at this one.

Will she get the last keys?
    Probably. Maybe in the next chapter.

I'm more curious about what this indicates for the longevity of the series, since all the major keys have been revealed already. There are many silver keys for her to get still yet tho: Phoenix, Draco, Hydra, Pegasus, Serpens, Lupus, Centaurus, Orion, and many many more. I'm more interested to see what those keys can do.

I too am wondering what would happen if she summon all 12 at once. Could be some major summon like stated.

What i like to hope is that maybe, because of her connection with her spirits, she can use their power in battle for herself. Like some sort of merging or like Virgo/Leo/etc. lends their power to Lucy. Of course she could only do this after a certain point and with great power.

Also seeing her learn more caster-type magic would be cool.

BTW, do gold keys require more magic power than silver? Or is it based off the power of the key itself.
  4. Loke the Lion Have you called Missy?~

Loke the Lion
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I think it is based on the Spirit's power, since Lucy mentioned before to Natsu that Celestial Wizards normally makes Nicolas become their pet since it requires smaller amount of magic.
  5. Levy McGarden Active Member

Levy McGarden
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    I was thinking that. I don't recall it saying anywhere the gold keys require more power. However, i do believe they are generally more powerful than Lucy's current silver keys and this use up a lot of her power. Most of them, actually all of them, are battle spirits.

It does make me think what silver keys may be powerful. I could imagine something like phoenix or draco or something using up a lot of energy from her.

I did read somewhere that stated how the zodiac keys on their own aren't super powerful, it's in their combination that they become powerful forces.

Also, i wonder if certain keys in the future will require certain conditions to summon, like how with Aquarius Lucy needs water.
  6. Sting Eucliffe Coolest Member

Sting Eucliffe
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +354 / 8
    yeah same theory here XD
    12 keys = unlock spirit king gate = Stop the world's time XD = Death of the summoner xD?
  7. iamthedawn Member

iamthedawn
    Amateur
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    i think when the 12 keys are finally reunited
    another spirit of zeref will be awaken.
  8. SamyXD Oka Shichibukai

SamyXD
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +557 / 2
    Am I the only one that thinks/wants a new set of Zodiacs "parents" and they would be eipicely strong because the current one's are too weak ...
  9. Levy McGarden Active Member

Levy McGarden
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    I think that's the intention. The 12 keys separately aren't powerful, but together is where they excel. In any case, I'd rather her get more silver keys than new gold ones.
  10. fairy x fairy A powerful water dragon slayer

fairy x fairy
    Beginner
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    The completion of the 12 zodiac keys will open another world and gain access to the spirt king's key
  11. Jorisk Fareward Mekakushi Dan no.0

Jorisk Fareward
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 11
    I'm thinking it would be like Elie(from Rave) nuclear bomb power xD 12 keys = big explotion = changing the world :thumbsup:
  12. Zil ...

Zil
    Evil Mage
    Ratings:
    +1,527 / 10
    Just a quick question, but has Lucy ever used a set of the element group? (as I feel that the 12 spirits can be separated to 3 spirit per each classic elements[Fire, Water, Air, Earth])?
  13. Hibiki Lates hundred night hibiki

Hibiki Lates
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +223 / 4
    is anyone else disappointed in Pisces?
  14. Rogue Cheney sporadic

Rogue Cheney
    Celestial
    Ratings:
    +203 / 0
    We all knew that Pisces would be associated with fishes-- therefore, we all knew Pisces would look like crap.

When they last 12 keys were revealed-- I saw Pisces and I was... in total shock. I mean I knew it would look horrible-- but... what is that? An eel? wtf? Then I saw Libra, I was like "seriously?" I was expecting Libra to be an old dude with a pair of scales. -___-''
    And then boom! she mentions Ophiuchus and I thought it would be a horrible looking beast thing-- and it was, but a cool horrible looking beast.

And in that transition? Shitty Pisces to hot Libra to cool-looking Ophiuchus? It's like Mashima knew I was a Pisces and did that in spite of me. :|

I was at least hoping that may be-- it's strong... but no. It had to get it's ass whopped.

So in conclusion, I was royally bummed... I secretly wished for Pisces to being a warrior with two halberds that would represent the two fishes. Rather than the predictable choice that Mashima decided with.

Realll bummerrr.
  15. Jenny Horan Thirlwall. Well-Known Member

Jenny Horan Thirlwall.
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +773 / 5
    i think if all the keys are gathered (including the 13th), there will be a 14th spirit which mite be releated 2 Zeref or somthing because Raven tail is after Lucy because she is celestial mage
  16. HermannFegelein Meredy's defender :DDDDD

HermannFegelein
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +761 / 4
    Insignificant

It may be the case, but I'd like to leave Lucy with 10 keys. There are other Stellar Spirit Mages, too. However, I guess it goes both ways, since Lucy's relationship with her spirits are an interesting subject to me. I also see the need for more Stellar Spirit keys, even the silvers, like what Levy McGarden said.
  17. Zil ...

Zil
    Evil Mage
    Ratings:
    +1,527 / 10
    [MENTION=2915]pue![/MENTION] Would 88 be enough?
  18. TheDragonKingOfThings:D Member

TheDragonKingOfThings:D
    Amateur
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    look at the ophiuchus key its not gold wierd (tell me what colour / reason its there) i think its black meaning that there is more types of keys which can be used but black keys are the strongest type of key and u can only have 1cause they waste alot of magic power what do u think do u agree with me or think there only 1 please tell me
  19. FairyTailMage Member

FairyTailMage
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think so too i wish we could see her get new silver keys because if the difference is in power then if she had more silver would it not help show the difference plus we barely see her use the silver keys now anyway
  20. aimop95 Soundwave Superior, PredaKing too.

aimop95
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +451 / 2
    You didn't want two giant fish? I love fishing. I'd freak out every time I'd see those things.

Ehhh about Libra, didn't know what to expect.

Ophiuchus gave me a heart attack (from sheer awesome) but then it died when it died.