Lisanna vs Lucy

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail Shipping' started by fairytail_onepiece_129, Dec 5, 2012.

1. OathkeeperNatsuxLucy12 NaLu/Li and NaYuki fan

OathkeeperNatsuxLucy12
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +98 / 33
    Lucy is not weak, she has the most battles along with Team Natsu.

Sure Natsu is dumb, but all shouen mains are dummies, what else is new.

Happy doesn't control Natsu, that's more Lucy and Erza's job, keeping Natsu and Gray from fighting alot.
  2. Sanji Black-Leg

Sanji
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    You don't understand anything of what i'm saying or you interpret it completely different, also stop assuming things, i never said the main character had to be the strongest. Also, i don't know what series you're reading but i read Fairy Tail which is a shonen battle manga.
  3. HermannFegelein Meredy's defender :DDDDD

HermannFegelein
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +764 / 4
    Neither do you get my point that Lucy is not designed to be the strongest among the strong. And you were going on earlier about how weak Lucy is for a main character, so I won't even bother with this. I know that's what you mean. I watch Fairy Tail, which is something that you can't simply put in a genre.
  4. Sanji Black-Leg

Sanji
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    So in your mind if the character isn't weakest, he/she has to be strongest? I said Lucy was weak for a main character.
    She should be stronger but this doesn't mean she should fodderize someone like Gildarts, that's not what i mean, i mean she should be around Natsu, Gray and Erza's level, maybe a little weaker but right now, she isn't like that, if she was a side-character like Levy i wouldn't complain but you expect alot more from a main character which Lucy doesn't deliver at all, Natsu ain't much better(in other aspects than strength).
    Erza is the only one who fully delivers, if you want to look at a greatly overall developed character in the series of fairy tail, look nowhere else but Erza. Also, saying fairy tail can't be put into genre is no offence, dumb..when i said it was a shonen battle manga it was a fact. It wasn't something i just said, look up the genres of fairy tail, the series you love so much.
  5. HermannFegelein Meredy's defender :DDDDD

HermannFegelein
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +764 / 4
    Will be my last for now, if you have replies, I'll reply back tomorrow...

I already told you, it's not how I see characters. It's a sense of balance that I employ, which is why most characters end up as equals. Natsu being the strongest, but the dumbest, Lucy being the weakest, but the smartest, so on and so forth, you'll get my point. I can't simply conclude that the main character has to be the strongest, or any other related law of nature.
    This is where you're obviously failing at, endlessly stereotyping every character. Just because Lucy's main, doesn't mean she has to be like the main. That's just saying that since all lions are cats, all cats are lions. The main characters don't have a similar nature (except for the fact that they left/were left by their parents), so you shouldn't be saying that.

Erza's pretty full of flaws too. She never stood up for her love for Jellal. She knew she did, and her developed character should have made her fight for it. And saying that FT is all about battles, is no offence, much dumber, most especially if you watch or read it, which I know you are.
  6. Sanji Black-Leg

Sanji
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Lucy is not the smartest, Erza is the smartest in that group.
    Natsu is not the strongest, Erza is the strongest in that group.
    I have a problem with Lucy being a weak main character, i don't care about her personality as much(though it's annoying) i just want her to stop getting beaten all the time, if she became stronger she would be much less annoying cuz she would cry less too but that's beside the point, Lucy is weak and needs to get strong enough to handle herself, that simple. Even Wendy is doing a better job than her.

Also, i'll tell you what Fairy Tail is:
    Party in the guild>takes mission>finds enemy>fights enemy>Enemy overpowers>Nakama speech>Beats enemy>Next arc>. Tell me what else there is in this series called Fairy Tail if you think i'm wrong. Is there a plot to it? Are we getting somewhere? Be honest.

I don't understand what you meant about Erza not standing up for Jellal, if you mean the Oracion Seis arc where she let him get captured than you must rewatch that arc. She didn't exactly look at him in a relationship kind of love back then. Also, Erza has flaws but is alot better than any other Fairy Tail character.

Btw, this is the last time i'm replying to you, i'm annoyed you don't get my point as it is, keep on repeating the same thing and interpreting what i say when you should take it as it is. That's why i don't care if you reply to me after this.
  7. Cana Alberona A Work In Progress

Cana Alberona
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +558 / 2
    Alright, first of all: please don't go off topic. If X thinks Lucy is weak then let him, this thread isn't about that. Don't let it drag on.

Okay, I don't ship Nalu or Nali, but I do prefer Nali because Lucy is just a stereotypical blonde who needs to be saved by the ~*strong main man~* of the anime. I don't like that or her very much at all. They need to put in a proper Celestial Mage who doesn't lose her keys (living creatures) all the time & one who actually fights *along side* her spirits, not hide behind them

Anyways, I feel Natsu just views her as a friend. Maybe he steps too close at times or hugs her or whatever but... Natsu hasn't been properly socialized. He was alone with a dragon most of his life. He is closest to Lisanna who has been there from the start & then he literally replaced her with Lucy because he missed Lisanna. He doesn't know that Lucy interprets it as a romantic thing because really he doesn't really understand love other than what Lisanna told him. Lucy is a major POV character so when we see her go ~*doki doki*~ over Natsu, we assume he likes her back because we see it through her eyes.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Jorisk Fareward Mekakushi Dan no.0

Jorisk Fareward
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 11
    There are a lot of NaLu fans out there, and to satisfy the fans Mashima-sensei has to change Natsu's love interest to Lucy :silent:
    at first Natsu and Lucy are just friend and then Lucy suddenly fall in love with Natsu <_< it's obvious that the fans demand for NaLu to be cannon <_< so Mashima has to cut all of Natsu feeling for Lisana after she come back(this explained why she didn't have any character development after she had been bought back to life) but there is a small hint that NaLi used to be cannon. that hint is in the filler arc which he wrote the plot himself and in a episode Natsu blushed in front of a girl <_< for the first time so why would Mashima add that small detail to the filler arc? <= it is a hint that NaLi was planned to be cannon and Lisana is supposed to be the 2nd female protagonist after the Edolas arc. Here is a proof~ Lisana was drawn a lot of time by Mashima more than Gajeel,Juvia,Wendy,Elfman ect... and they are more poplar than her, and the other girls are prettier than her. So why would he fav a minor character like her? well IMO he's regretting that he can't use her as a main char because of the large amount of NaLu fan :umm: he would lost all of his fans if he can't please them so this is why NaLu is cannon.
    And No~! I don't think that the NaLi hints is fanservice for the NaLi fans <_<
  9. Kayrien Maiden of the Sky

Kayrien
    Beginner
    Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    I dunno if Natsu ever liked Lisanna...more than a friend :smile: but with Lucy I guess it's another story, they met in a cute way and maybe he will have some romantic feelings for her... I hope ^^
  10. Kronk The Enlightened

Kronk
    Beginner
    Ratings:
    +211 / 9
    I don't exactly know how that got so off topic, but I'm going to assume someone stated that Lucy is weak and won't catch Natsu's eye. I don't really care that much to read through heated topics. What ever the case, it hardly matters in terms of romance.

Something everybody is forgetting is Natsu's immaturity in romanticizing women. Like Monkey D Luffy, he wouldn't know if a girl liked him even if she tattooed "I love you Natsu Kun" across her forehead. Natsu just doesn't think that way period.

As someone who despises Lisanna, for her clumsy rebirth and utter destruction of Natsu, Mira and Elfman's characters, I'll give her credit where it's due. She was with out a doubt Natsu's childhood friend but it evolving into a relationship is not that simple. There is no rule of law or psychology that dictates that one is mandated to romanticize a childhood friend. Lisanna has two years to catch up on and will have a difficult time rebuilding those lost ties with Natsu especially when Lisanna's screen time is so limited, that's where Lucy has the advantage.

There is hope for Nali fans though, after all, Goku ended up with Chichi and Bulma ended up with Vegeta. Keep in mind, Different Author, Different Story.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kayrien Maiden of the Sky

Kayrien
    Beginner
    Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    You are right! Natsu doesn't think at anything romantic yet, he enjoy's life and reaches for his goals :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yamuraiha FTB resident tsujigiri suspect

Yamuraiha
    S-Class
    Ratings:
    +3,240 / 13
    the main difference is that chichi is the most dangerous woman in any universe

lisanna wouldn't hurt a fly

still, until natsu is officially paired with someone,we can't use rave maste as a reference, Fairy Tail is mashima's way of surpassing rave master as such, things should be different
  13. EuriYami New Member

EuriYami
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I ship Nalu so I'm on that side. Ehrmm.. how about Laxus and Lisanna. Lol. :thumbsup:
  14. Yamuraiha FTB resident tsujigiri suspect

Yamuraiha
    S-Class
    Ratings:
    +3,240 / 13
  15. Ereburn Psychic Psycho

Ereburn
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +538 / 2
    i will go for Lucy. she fits better with natsu
  16. SecretShinobi New Member

SecretShinobi
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nali Forever~
    They're too cute ^^
    And I have a thing for childhood friend pairings (ahemjerzaahem)
    Nalu is fine, but I prefer them as best friends who will stick together till the end kinda thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Rosen-Bluete Queen of Procrastination~

Rosen-Bluete
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0
    Neither. Natsu is too much of a naiive fool to like anyone -__-
  18. GrayFTMage Cool as Ice

GrayFTMage
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +157 / 1
    Don't care. Mashima wants him to end up with Lucy I guess. Meh.
  19. PrincessLucyHeartfilia New Member

PrincessLucyHeartfilia
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  20. moonlight Member

moonlight
    Rookie
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Me toooooooo:D