Top 10 GMG Mages

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail Manga' started by wondersland, Oct 22, 2012.

1. wondersland Active Member

wondersland
    Rookie
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1
    Now we know that there's 30 Mages on the battle field right now and some of them are wiped out, but let's pick your top 10 strong Mages that will steal the limelight!!! (plus this is a thread with NO Natsu around)

1. JURA - No question about this, Wizard Saint + Cool Badass. Couldn't ask for anything more.

2. LAXUS - no questions asked. He wiped out the entire team of RavenTail. The final boss during the Fighting festival Arc, a 2nd Generation Dragon Slayer, Super Duper badass. PLUS he's the only one in the field to master the FAIRY LAW magic, one instant FT can get majority of the points (fairy law won't happen though)

3. ERZA/ KAGURA/ MINERVA - Now, there's some debate about this. We already know Erza's capabilities and reputation as Titania. She ain't no minor in fighting abilities. She always take battles seriously. She's no longer the Queen bee of the Manga since Kagura of MH was introduced and Minerva of ST entered the story. We still don't know the full potential of these two, but Minerva has the air of confidence that she's capable of defeating high class mages. Kagura also got her reputation as Mermaid's strongest mage, even Minerva acknowledge her strength. A battle between the Ace Bitches of the guilds is exciting to see. looking forward as to who will win this epic battle.

6. GAJEEL - He's the ace of Phantom's guild before, so no questioning about what his power can do. He is a Dragon Slayer, and I have no doubt about his ability in defeating Saber's DS.

7. RUFUS - I might be biased on this part but his magic still amazes me. memory Make has high potential in landing the top 10 strongest magic in FT World (if used to its full potential) Imagine, he can materialize any memorized attack to defeat his enemies. He can even make a Dragon Slayer Secret Art technique. He's like an all around mage now. But I doubt he'll have a good finish in this Arc. Mishima always put the bad guys to trash after making them sooo badass at first. (is he a badguy anyway)

8. ROGUE and STING - Twin DS. Counterpart of Natsu and Gajeel. Rogue is basically the smarter, strategic and soft hearted one, Sting is the annoying and arrogant one but a force to be reckoned with. Now i don't know if they're super strong because at the span of years, They're the only Dragon Slayer in sight in Fiore.

10. ICHIYA - I'm not trolling on this one. Erza acknowledges his potential. He's always on the front-line of Pegasus, so he's a strong one. He's also the author's favorite Troll mage still, he can defeat his opponents. We might see a troll fight but for a change, HIRO!!! give him a serious fight!
  2. Laxus Well-Known Member

Laxus
    Evil Mage
    Ratings:
    +3,333 / 43
    Where's Orga, possibly a black-lightning god slayer?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yamuraiha FTB resident tsujigiri suspect

Yamuraiha
    S-Class
    Ratings:
    +3,240 / 13
    10.sting
    9.rogue
    8.orga
    7.kagura
    6.minerva
    5.juvia
    4.gray
    3.erza
    2.laxus
    1.gajeel

seriously, hiro needs to pay back gajeel big time for what happened at tenroujima

this is not a what i think, its a what should happen
  4. Inky Dessert Muncher

Inky
    Premium Member
    SS-Class
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 26
    1. Jura or Laxus: Close enough that it will be this way
    2. Laxus or Jura
    3. Kagura or Erza: yeah Erza might have an edge since Kagura might hold back here so..
    4. Erza or Kagura
    5. Minerva or Rufus: Minerva is very confident but I see her as weaker than the likes of Erza and Kagura. Rufus has an amazing magic he will take a team effort to bring down
    6. Gajeel: About Natsu level he could be higher
    7. Orga: Lighting God Slayer. He will give Laxus a good match I hope
    8. Sting or Rogue: Yep DS get the spot here
    9. Gray or Lyon: Another tie
    10. Shelia: Another God Slayer and her healing ability gives her a huge boost.
    10. Juvia: Close enough and I can see FT having 5 top 10s...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Minerva Anokata's Favourite

Minerva
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +631 / 2
    1-2. Jura or Laxus (debatable)
    3-4. Erza or Kagura (depends on the outcome)
    5. Minerva
    6. Gajeel
    7. Rufus
    8. Chelia
    9-10. Juvia or Rogue (don't know yet)
  6. Yamuraiha FTB resident tsujigiri suspect

Yamuraiha
    S-Class
    Ratings:
    +3,240 / 13
    hopefully some really big fights happen before eclipse 2 plan is carried out. i really wanna see these guys go all out
  7. Minerva Anokata's Favourite

Minerva
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +631 / 2
    [MENTION=2978]Laxus[/MENTION], oops, I forgot Orga as well [MENTION=3997]Sakata Kintoki[/MENTION], hoping there will be a winner as well before Eclipse 2 starts
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FairyTailBaseGuildMember The Heavenly Ascendant Absolute Master Of Memory

FairyTailBaseGuildMember
    Celestial
    Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    If we go by power level of the mages who participate in the fifth day (as far as we know-like Kagura with her sword (of cataclysm) being released and so on), it would probably be something along this line:

1. Jura
    2. Laxus
    3. Minerva
    4. Kagura
    5. Rufus
    6. Erza
    7. Orga
    8. Lyon
    9. Gray
    10. Juvia

I actually excluded all of the defeated ones though.
  9. FairyTailBaseGuildMember The Heavenly Ascendant Absolute Master Of Memory

FairyTailBaseGuildMember
    Celestial
    Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    By power level, I actually refer to overall ability and capability, not just pure magic power.
  10. Jenny Horan Thirlwall. Well-Known Member

Jenny Horan Thirlwall.
    Brawler
    Ratings:
    +773 / 5
    1- Laxus/Jura
    2- Erza
    3- Sting/Rogue
    5- Orga
    6- Chelia
    7- Minerva
    8- Gajeel
    9- Gray-Sama
    (I'll have the final answer for 9 & 10 after the latest chapter)
    10-Rufus
  11. Lavi Pervert Hammer Thrower ;)

Lavi
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    How do we know Orga is a Lightning God Slayer? There is no proof (you know him actually stating or saying the name Lightning God in front of his spells). It's fun to jump to conclusions but seriously I hate how everyone just acts like it's fact already. Guys hold to your panties until he (Hiro) comes out and says it.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. White Dragon Slayer Active Member

White Dragon Slayer
    Beginner
    Ratings:
    +150 / 7
    Keeping Sting out of this. Still controversial in my opinion, regarding whether he boosted strength or not after Lector's death.
    As well, only putting characters who are officially within the Top 6 Teams as of now.

1. Jura or Laxus
    2. Erza, Kagura, Minerva, Gray, Lyon, Rufus, Orga, or Gajeel

Everyone placed in #2 are all close in power, and take too much thinking to decide who's better than the other. Really wanted to put in: (almost made the cut).

Rogue, Cheila, and Juvia

Others may be Ichiya or Bacchus, but I don't take them too serious into this much, they're just formidable, but that's as far as they go.
  13. Rogue ★☆Seeing Stars☆★

Rogue
    Rookie
    Ratings:
    +31 / 1
    1. Laxus or Jura
    2. Jura or Laxus
    3. Erza
    4. Kagura
    5. Minerva
    6. Orga
    7. Gajeel
    8. Rufus
    9. Sting and Rogue
    10. Gray
  14. Ereburn Psychic Psycho

Ereburn
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +538 / 2
    ^this...but i would say minerva>rufus and juvia is definitely stronger than shelia as for one,she can change her body to water,leaving physical attacks useless,and two,she was phantom's S-class mage....nuff said
  15. Ereburn Psychic Psycho

Ereburn
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +538 / 2
    look at the facts!! zancrow,the fire god slayer,wielding black flames;chelia,the wind god-slayer,creating black winds...orga,with his black lightning magic....its kind-of almost obvious...
  16. Inky Dessert Muncher

Inky
    Premium Member
    SS-Class
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 26
    [MENTION=3964]Ereburn[/MENTION] but don't forget Chelia is a God slayer, one of Lamia's top mages and can heal herself basically instantly both her and Juvia have their perks. Juvia has more experience but powerwise Chelia wins for now it is close enough between them
  17. Ereburn Psychic Psycho

Ereburn
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +538 / 2
    agreed,chelia IS powerful...but also remember that she was a draw against wendy...not saying wendy isnt powerful,but juvia is definitely stronger than wendy....also chelia,being small,probably doesnt have enough stamina to carry on for long,also juvia has greater speed,and turning into water+her battle reflexes allow her greater mobility,chelia may heal,but in that moment it leaves her open to other attacks...also juvia can become a long streamline of water,allowing her sneak attacks
  18. Inky Dessert Muncher

Inky
    Premium Member
    SS-Class
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 26
    She only had a draw agents Wendy because she held back and ended up wasting magical power unneeded (the inexperienced part) that and the time limit remove the time limit I doubt she loses. I will agree on the stamina and mobility parts though.
  19. Ereburn Psychic Psycho

Ereburn
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +538 / 2
    [MENTION=247]Inky[/MENTION] put juvia and chelia in a battlefield and let them rumble...what would u predict?
  20. Inky Dessert Muncher

Inky
    Premium Member
    SS-Class
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 26
    right now based on how things are going Juvia would win. but that is based off experience she has been in more battles than Chilia. Juvia knows how to conserve power better than her. though Chelia can do more heavy hitting damage she will waist magical power more quickly and the fact that Juvia has a high defense whilst being a difficult opponent for anyone really due to her ability.
    • Like Like x 1