Top 10 strongest mages in Fairy Tail yet?

Discussion in 'General Fairy Tail Discussions' started by Jellal, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jellal Administrator

Jellal
    Founder
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +344 / 11
    [size=medium][align=center]Hi Guy's and Girls! According to you, which mages you think are the most powerful who came and left in Fairy Tail?[/align][/size]
  2. Neah Active Member

Neah
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +167 / 0
    1) Hades
    2) Makarov
    3) Gildartz
    4) Luxus
    5) Mystogan (feats/hype)
    6) Mirajane
    7) Fried
    8) Natsu
    9) Gray
    10) I have no idea. o.o
  3. Jellal Administrator

Jellal
    Founder
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +344 / 11
    What about Jellal?!:mad:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lucy Heartfilia Celestial Wizard

Lucy Heartfilia
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +292 / 0
    well for me.. i think it's Gildartz is my no. one.. hehe :love:
    but.. i gotta feeling that there will be a new character will suddenly appeared...
    and belong to the FT guild.. you know just like Gildartz.. who is SS rank..
    haaa~ i dunno but it's just a feeling though~.. :gasp:
    then the others are..

2. Erza
    3. Mirajane
    4. Makarov
    5. Laxus
    6. Fried
    7. Natsu
    8. Gray
    9. Mystogan
    10. of course.. me.. :p
  5. Jellal Administrator

Jellal
    Founder
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +344 / 11
    Sorry Guys I ment overall in fairy tail series:D
  6. Gildartz Well-Known Member

Gildartz
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +375 / 0
    Ok so here's my list from what we've seen so far...

1-Hades
    2-Makarov
    3-Gildartz
    4-Jellal
    5-Laxus
    6-Mystogun
    7-Master Jose
    8-Erza
    9-Natsu
    10-Mirajane
  7. Sieghart Member

Sieghart
    Amateur
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    1. Hades
    2. Makarov
    3. Gildartz
    4. Zeref
    5. Zero
    6. Jellal
    7. Laxus
    8. Mistgun
    9. Erza
    10. Jose
  8. Mystogan Elusive Vagabond

Mystogan
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    1. Natsu, with his plot armor, flames of emotion (which he will use to pwn Zancrow), and Fire Dragonslayer magic.
    2. Hades
    3. Gildartz
    4. Laxus
    5. Makarov (He's too old already D: )
    6. Gerald/Jellal/Sieghart (Whatever you remember him by, though Sieghart is actually just Jellal's magical projection)
    7. Erza
    8. Gajeel
    9. Gray
    10. Yuka Suzuki (Anti-Magic)

I did not include my favorite, Mystogan in the rankings since he is a person that uses illusionary magic and magic arrays to counter the magic of others, just like a counter-puncher. Technically, he can pwn any other character in Fairytail, all he needs is to do a little preparation beforehand. Similarly, unless you are able to "Rewrite" or "Dispell" magic seals, you wouldn't be able to defeat Fried, who can cast a seal nearly instantly to seal you in a place for as long as he wished. You could end up starving to death lol.
  9. Lucie It's cold ...

Lucie
    Legendary
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +1,006 / 9
    Wait a min what about Zeref o_O

1. Zeref - strongest mage in the entire magic world. "The father" of Dark Magic.
    2. Hades - Fairy Boss, he must be strong
    3. Gildartz - strongest S-class member.
    4. Natsu - strongest dragon slayer(?) , he is still a kid though.
    5. Laxus - also a strong char, too bad his personality is messed up.
    6. Gerard - lost to Natsu * many powerful mages lost to Natsu.. oh well, can't blame Gerard * . his magic is cool, hand down.
    7. Erza - lol. female char ftw xDD
    8. Ultear - sorry, i hate this b*tch but she plays quite an important role in this series, k, she must be strong.
    9. Gajeel - Dragon Slayer ftw!
    10. Wendy - Healing Magic ^^ she can fight anyone. just don't get killed.

Zancrow looks boring, so ><
  10. Mystogan Elusive Vagabond

Mystogan
    Wizard
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Lol, if you wanna go the extra mile, include Mavis Vermilion at the top of your list, since it is likely that he is the one who defeated and sealed Zeref.
  11. Monkey D.Luffy Pirate King

Monkey D.Luffy
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    1. Hades
    2. Makarov
    3. Gildartz
    4. Natsu
    5. Gray
    6. Jellal
    7. Laxus
    8. Mistgun
    9. Erza
    10.Gajeel
    And about Mavis Vermilion i can say that we don't know what kind of powers did he had so i can't say anything about him.
  12. Sinister 三代目風影

Sinister
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Zeref
    Mavis
    Laxus ( he will beat hades)
    Hades
    Makarov
    Gildartz
    Master Jose
    Jura Nekis
    Jellal
    Natsu
  13. Inky Dessert Muncher

Inky
    Premium Member
    SS-Class
    Ratings:
    +7,930 / 26
    Top 10.
    1. Zeref (awakened): I mean if he had control over his death magic he could kill his opponent in a second and then get on with life.
    2. Hades: This guy is a beast. No one mage (save for Zeref and maybe Mavis) can defeat him one on one he needs to be worn down and ganged up on.
    3. Makarov: So far the strongest of the 10 Wizard Saints. He is well renowned with several magics. however unlike Hades who may be older then him Makarov gives off the felling of aging likely having lost some of his power through the years.
    4. Gildartz: Crash magic is awesome, Gildatz is able to defeat Blue Note who is pretty powerful, was able to make Natsu see he can't win and we know Natsu is stubborn as hell. the so far best choice for the next master, could that change? Of course.
    5. Jellal: I place him at this spot since he like Makarov has displayed several magics, and is able to use powerful spells quickly. His fight with Midnight does show some weakness but that was due to bad match up and lets face it no matter how strong a mage is if they face someone who is a bad match up for them they could very well lose, and the fact that Jellal had a ton of things going through his head and was likely not thinking straight for the fight.
    6. Laxus: This guy is powerful, he may not use as many different magics as some other people on this list but he is really good at what he can do. I wish his fight with Mystogan could have been longer since those two seemed at the time equal in strength and we can assume Laxus had gotten stronger since then.
    7. Mystogan: This man was pretty darn skillful he wasn't powerful but he had several really useful spells including a powerful defense spell, a transportation spell (use on Lucy and Gajeel to send them to Edolas), the ability to avoid attacks by turning into mist, some powerful badass looking illusions to bad they were just that. And his sleep magic that is almost able to put Makarov a sleep. Mystogan shows that raw power isn't everything and sometimes versatility and effect type abilities are what is needed. To bad he ended up being another Jellal would have liked to have had him around longer....
    8. Jura: This guy falls into the Laxus group by that I mean not known for a ton of magics but is really good at what he does. However he is not as versatile as some other people on this list like a Laxus. Jura is skilled too. Hope too see more of him in the future.
    9. Jose: This guy was pretty strong, he was able to easily defeat Erza (yes she was tired but still), as well as Gray and Elfman. In addition he has the ability to cast some pretty strong spells however he falls to this place because to cast spells like Abyss Break with the help of other sources and not known if he can himself.
    10. Blue Note: We able to beat Natsu, stand Fairy Glitter, and was able to fight Gildatz to a degree (not counting the parts where Gildartz lost his magic since that was just unfair).

Others who did not make it:
    Midnight: Now this one may come as shock but he only lost to Erza because she was a bad match up. Most other people would not be. He can use his magic reflector to avoid attacks and then use it to kill his opponents and his illusion is powerful only defeated by luck with Erza's false eye.
    Natsu: Powerful yes but stupid at times and often relies on over powering to win. Without Dragon Force he would have lost to Zero, Jellal, and other people who escape me.
    Gray: About as powerful as nonDragon force Natsu and a bit more skilled but that doesn't place him on the list
    Erza: Versatile and strong however she as one outstanding weakness and that is her weakness agents effect type spells like Mystogan's sleep magic (though that was a powerful one).
    Gajeel: See Gray and remove the slightly more skilled I say they are even there but once he gets Dragon force Natsu moves ahead for some reason but Gajeell moves ahead of Gray when he gets Dragon Force
    Mavis: No infomration we know she is strong but we can't be sure on how strong.
    The Kin: We know they are strong however plot destroyed them we may see one of them more in the future but unless they are brought back as part of another Dark Guild the others (and may be Meredy as well) like those of Oracion seis are out of the story.
    the 6 Generals: Powerful as well, but not as strong individually as the kin save for Midnight.
    Zero: Powerful but not a thinker he was just in love with destroying things and when he made them into nothing he didn't bother on checking go figure.
    Ikaruga: She can use her blade to cut the nerves of her opponent that is broken. She was at the time as skilled at Erza she just fell to uhm I really have no idea what prevented her from cutting Erza's nerves? I know Erza was faster but still she had like a million chances to do so...
    Raijinshū tribe: Each of them are skilled and broken in their own ways but they lack power over all.
    Mira: Lost her edge through the years of being inactive could come back.
    All others: Various of reasons.
  14. Kanra -

Kanra
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +1,162 / 5
    1. Zeref
    2. Hades
    3. Makarov
    4. Gildarts
    5. Mystogun
    6. Laxus
    7. Jellal
    8. Jura
    9. Ultear
    10. Natsu
  15. Mirajane Strauss The Demon MiraXD

Mirajane Strauss
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Well my answer is same as Lucy-chan.....i can't think of others....lol
  16. Gajeel Redfox Dead and Alive!

Gajeel Redfox
    Tactical
    Ratings:
    +407 / 4
    1) Awakened Zeref ( most probably )
    2) Hades
    3) Laxus ( i bet right now he is even stronger , probably over Makarov )
    4 ) Laxus's father ( i bet he is ) . ( but until we make sure let's place the gay Jellal ) .
    5 ) Makarov
    6 ) Gildartz
    7 ) BlueNote
    8 ) Mystgun
    9 ) Jose
    10 ) Jura

But Gajeel tops them all : Just because :mwaha: :)

But somehow i think Ultear's mother / Midnight / Azuma should be there too .
    I mean Erza defeated Azuma with the help of the island etc etc bla bla bla , but let's be serious ... that was a form of plot armor for Erza but when seeing they're forces , Azuma was strong , one of the strongest we had :) i don't know why but i always got the impression he never wanted to win , maybe it was or not the author's intention :p
  17. Alice Lᴏsᴛ ɪɴ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ♛

Alice
    Premium Member
    Elite Mage
    Ratings:
    +1,366 / 1
    1. Zeref- No doubt...
    2. Hades/Mavis Vermilion- Not much we know about Mavis Vermilion but he's up there.
    3. Gildartz
    4. Laxus
    5. BlueNote
    6. Makarov- He would probably be number three (or close to it) but he's getting old...
    7. Mystgun/ Jellal
    8. Jura Nekis
    9. Ivan Dreyar
    10. Porlyusica
  18. Mirajane Strauss The Demon MiraXD

Mirajane Strauss
    Talented
    Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    I thought that Gildartz is the most powerful of all but i'm wrong...........there's Hades and Zeref............
  19. Luxus Dreyar New Member

Luxus Dreyar
    Drfiter
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    10. Mirajane
    9. Erza
    8. Brain/Zero
    7. Jellal
    6. Laxus
    5. Mystogan
    4. Bluenote
    3. Gildartz
    2. Makarov
    1. Hades

Honorable Mention: (11 Natsu, (12 Gajeel, (13 Grey....I only listed people, I've seen that's why Zeref isn't on. BTW, do the dragons like Igneel count?
  20. Cloud Strife I'm too sexy for my shirt.

Cloud Strife
    Energetic
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    1- Zeref
    2- Hades
    3- Makarov
    4-Glidartz

Nuff' Said